MedSurg RN - St Vincent's East - Days
Ascension, B82 in Birmingham, AL
- Industry: Healthcare - Nursing - Registered Nurse (RN/BSN/ASN)
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $57,890.00 - 77,790.00 / Year*
We Are HiringTitle: RN-Med Surg - We are offering up to a $10k Sign On Bonus for New Hires!
Location: St Vincent's East - Trussville, AL
Department: 5 WEST SVE
Additional Job Details: 7:00a - 7:00pm;Full-Time, 36 hours, Weekly
Why Join Ascension?In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's Chilton, St. Vincent's East, and St. Vincent's St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will DoYour Medical Surgical Nursing career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents! Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. We'd like to invite you to grow your Med-Surg Nursing career with us!
As our Medical Surgical Nurse, you are the frontline provider who may have more facetime with our patients than any other professional in the hospital while also planning care, listening to patients' concerns, and answering loved ones' questions. This is a great role for someone who likes to stay busy and learn from leadership who likes to mentor their team.
As our Med Surg Nurse, you will:
- Implement and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained PRIOR to hire date or job transfer date and must not expire 90 days after hire.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-Verify site)
Associated topics: bsn, care unit, ccu, domiciliary, hospice, intensive care, maternal, nurse clinical, staff nurse, unit
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!